Department: Human Resources
Classification: Regular Full-Time
Location: Logan, UT
EEO job code / group: 2/Professionals
Reporting to: HR Director
Positions supervised: NoneJob Summary
The HR Generalist performs human resources-related duties and responsibilities, which include the following functional areas: recruitment and on-boarding, affirmative action, including development of external partnerships with academic and practitioner organizations, benefit administration, compensation analysis, talent development, legal compliance, site communication, culture development, succession planning and other HR projects as assigned.
- Demonstrates core company values through all work activity – Accountable, Respectful, Client-centric, Team Player, Innovative, Continually Improving.
- Leads the recruiting function; Assists hiring managers with job approvals, job postings, initial screening of candidates by matching experience with specific job-related requirements, scheduling of interviews (may be assisted by HR Asst.), recording staffing activities within the recruiting software to ensure legal compliance, offer approvals, job offer preparation, background checks, and all internal communication relative to preparation for new hire arrival. Trains system users.
- Leads the proactive development of external recruiting networks and partnerships with academic, practitioner and diversity organizations; coordinates participation at career fairs, college recruiting, and other events that expand channels of recruiting and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Develops the annual affirmative action plan and provides management training and updates on progress toward placement goals. Tracks company-wide good faith efforts to support placement goal achievement. Maintains legally required postings for the facility. Coordinates with employer’s council for on-schedule plan development.
- Oversees on-boarding and new hire orientation activities, including I-9 compliance and benefit enrollment. Continuously improves the on-boarding process.
- Coordinates immigration requirements with legal representative as needed
- Oversees job slotting for the global company.
- Oversees employee surveys to maintain pulse on morale. Compiles and reports data to ensure proper action and follow-up. Also, completes a variety of human resources related market surveys relative to compensation, benefits and other employment conditions.
- Oversees ADA compliance and interactive dialog process relative to workplace accommodations.
- Coordinates with IT to ensure that all HR information on the CSI HIVE Intranet site is organized in a manner that keeps employees informed with up to date relevant information.
- May lead and drive culture improvement initiatives.
- Assists with leadership development initiatives.
- Provides full HR support to the Free Form Polymers site, including recruitment, benefits administration, talent development and employee relations.
- Other HR administrative duties and special projects as assigned.
- Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and related applications
- HRIS systems (i.e. ADP)
- Applicant tracking systems
- Experience working with 3rd party benefit organizations and benefit systems
- Intranet communication
- Recruiting and network development skills
- Business Acumen
- Interpersonal and technology-based communication expertise
- Basic compensation and benefits analysis and planning
- Relationship Management
- Background in employment law and other government compliance regulations
- Campbell Scientific knowledge a plus.
- Human Resource Certification (SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP)
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resources, social sciences, or equivalent work experience in related fields
- Human Resource Certification (SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP), a plus
- Experience: 2-5 years of recruiting and human resources generalist experience. Experience expanding recruiting networks for optimal placement results.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Additional responsibilities may be assigned.
We are an EOE/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.