Spartronics develops, manufactures, and manages the full lifecycle of robust electronic and electromechanical devices for commercial aerospace, defense, space, instrumentation and control, life sciences and medical device applications. Our proven experience in complex problem solving, uncompromising attention to detail, program management and thorough documentation processes enables our customers to achieve excellence.
Basic Purpose of the Position: To accomplish positive and effective representation of the Human Resource Department through effective and proactive activities in all areas of Human Resources within the facility. Major areas of focus are benefits, recruitment, management and interpretation of policies and procedures, consulting with facility managers and supervisors, vendor invoice reconciliation, and special project participation. Assists Human Resource Manager as needed and provide back-up support for HR Administrative Assistant/Receptionist.
Primary or Major Responsibilities:
- Ensures compliance with all required safety, environmental, quality and security guidelines, policies & regulations. Reporting and, whenever possible, correcting violations in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Administers health and welfare plans including enrollments and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions. Serves as the Cobra Administrator for location. Manages medical and other leaves of absence to include workers’ compensation leaves, FMLA tracking and monitoring and tracking STD/LTD.
- Conducts new employee orientations to ensure employees gain an understanding of benefit plans and enrollment provisions. Counsels employees (and potential employees/applicants) on plan provisions so that individuals can be informed benefit decisions.
- Assists with annual benefits open enrollment period at location. Arranges for distribution of materials from carriers; assists with communicating changes to employees and processes changes within deadlines.
- Processes monthly billings from insurance providers. Reviews billings for accuracy, codes and advances for payment. Resolves discrepancies with carriers, payroll and the company. Completes reports for management as requested.
- Strives to ensure employee understanding of benefit programs by proactively recommending and developing process improvements in materials and communications. Refers difficult or very complex complaints to manager as needed. Acts as liaison with various insurance carriers and fosters effective relationships with client representatives. Keeps management advised of potential problem areas and recommends/implements solutions as appropriate.
- Performs recruitment activities, interviews, and evaluates candidates for hourly and temporary employees. Maintains records related to same. Assists with preparation of annual affirmative action plan.
- Assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; assists in preparation and maintenance of employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Assists in administering compensation and performance management programs.
- Addresses hourly employee’s questions regarding interpretation of company policies and regulations in consultation with the Department Head. Conducts exit interviews.
- Participates in department meetings and attends other meetings and seminars as required. Maintains company organization charts and employee lists.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Maintains HRIS records and compiles reports from database.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Performs other related HR duties as required and assigned.
North Logan, UT
Basic Purpose of Position: Leads, manages, and coordinates all Human Resources activities at business unit location. Leads and participates in corporate-wide Human Resources team initiatives. Develops, implements, and administers policies and programs concerning recruiting and employment, training and development, employee relations, compensation and benefits, safety and health, employee programs, organizational development, payroll, performance management, affirmative action. Serves as HR business partner to the senior management team on all human resource issues and programs.
Primary or Major Responsibilities:
- Coach, counsel, mentor, and other employee relations activities for employees and management.
- Overall responsibility for hiring, administration of benefits, wage and salary administration, training, welfare, and safety and employment programs.
- Ensure State, Provincial and Federal legal compliance which govern or apply to Human Resource related matters.
- Has cost accountability and responsibility for those areas under direct budgetary control.
- Oversee and make recommendations for recruiting, selection and retention; safety training and workers compensation; equal employment opportunity, pay equity and AAP (where applicable); orientation and other training; HRIS and record retention; salary administration and performance reviews; and some payroll related activities.
- Develop and implement systems, processes and controls.
- Plan and conduct employee communication meetings and events.
- Develop and maintain personnel policies and procedures that comply with State and Federal laws and are consistent with corporate philosophy.
- Develop, implement, and maintain an organizational development program.
- Develop, implement, and maintain satisfaction indexes and ongoing metric performance objectives.
- Develop, implement, and maintain human resource’s systems that apply to ISO and AS certifications and subsequent maintenance of such systems to assure compliance with internal and external audits.
- Conduct skills assessments, job scopes, and gap analysis on job classifications to assure the facility maintains the appropriate knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Keep up to date on federal and state government regulations affecting company policies and human resource practices and implement any changes necessary to keep in compliance
- Monitor the effectiveness of HR programs and make recommendations to improve effectiveness.
- Establish hourly wage structures, pay policies and performance appraisal programs.
- Make recommendations regarding employee benefit programs and administer such programs.
- Formulate and administer management policies governing employment.
- Handle employee complaints and conflict resolution
- Assist with company safety and health programs.
- Participate in developing goals and objectives link to company business goals and governing statement of work.
- Provide the necessary training and education to ensure the optimum understanding, utilization of, and compliance with, all human resource programs, policies, procedures, and benefits.
- Direct and coordinate various activities designed to promote and maintain a high level of employee morale
Ensure that all assignments are performed in compliance with all applicable Federal, State, Provincial and Company safety and health regulations, and where applicable, proper personal protective equipment is utilized.
Requirements Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related field; PHR, SPHR; OR 5-7 years of progressive Human Resources management experience is required; manufacturing environment preferred.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment and labor laws.
- Knowledge of environmental and safety reporting requirements.
- Strong business acumen and solid financial acumen required
- Must demonstrate: effective communication and interpersonal skills; an ability to function in a collaborative and matrixed work environment; ability to be strategic and tactical in approach and effectiveness
- Must also be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and integrity to sensitive issues and processes.
- Ability to interpret a variety of governmental laws, insurance plans, and technical information. Effective working knowledge of COBRA, ERISA, FMLA and related state and federal regulations required.