Cache Valley Hospital - Logan UT, Utah
People. Performance. Possibilities. These words describe the focus of our Human Resources Group here at HCA, a Fortune 100 company with over 200,000 employees in 20 states and the UK. Our HR team of over 1400+ can provide a broad range of HR career paths within one organization. Come join our team to help support our mission“Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.”
Since it was established in 2000, Cache Valley Hospital has delivered high quality, cost-effective care to people who live and work in Cache, Box Elder and Rich counties as well as southern Idaho and western Wyoming communities. The medical staff’s patient-centered approach to delivering evidence-based care and utilizing advanced medical technology has ensured exceptional patient experiences and clinical outcomes. In 2013, this community hospital achieved the Health Insight Quality Award as well as five-star rankings from Healthgrades for its statistically significantly better patient outcomes related to spinal fusions and total knee replacements.
The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for the following under the direction of the VP, HR:
Implement Business and HR strategy and programs
- Engage designated leaders to understand talent needs of the businesses and define people strategies
- Implement HCA-wide and LOB or location-specific HR initiatives
- If applicable, work with the VP of HR and the Labor Relations Center of Excellence to support Labor Relations strategy (i.e., grievance procedures must involve Labor Relations).
Advise leaders on people issues
- Provide HR observations related to departmental issues in meetings and one-on-one. Interpret talent management data for departments and work with VP of HR to develop appropriate initiatives.
- Coach designated leaders through change management, performance management issues, etc.
- Respond to leader questions and requests for information, point them to appropriate self-service tools
Deploy development programs
- Advise leaders on learning and organizational development. May include program implementation such as ensuring completion of employee development plans, updating the succession plan and implementing other programs and tools.
- Deploy HCA career development program tools and processes. Includes coaching leaders, participating in employee career counseling and feedback sessions, equipping managers with standard tools for coaching, feedback & planning.
Support Employee & Community engagement
- Promote and foster a healthy work environment; raise awareness of available programs to assist employees. Implement appropriate employee engagement programs and union avoidance initiatives (as applicable)
- Prepare/coordinate events e.g. holiday celebrations, employee recognition events, service awards, community support
- Coordinate and facilitate employee activity groups and other employee teams (peer reviews)
- Interpret and drive departmental action planning as a result of employee engagement surveys; assess facility “temperature” through formal and informal sensing and plan actions with department managers
- Counsel managers and employees on situational issues; resolve employee conflicts
Implement business performance, quality and patient care initiatives
- Partner with designated leaders to uphold all compliance standards (Joint Commission, Dept. of Labor, HR policies, etc.) and create an environment of compliance/excellence
- Support employee relations, ethics, or compliance investigations (initial interviews & fact gathering); maintain tracking for issues/concerns and handle inquiries from employees or managers
- Deploy performance management/appraisal program tools and processes in their assigned facility areas. Includes coaching, participating in assigning ratings, feedback sessions and developing performance improvement plans.
- Advise designated leaders on performance counseling and discipline procedures; consult on suspension or termination of employment actions; provide information on RIF processes and severance
- Escalate major issues to VP of HR and/or HR Center of Excellence/HR Service Centers when appropriate
- Support measurement of productivity and addressing of productivity issues
- Implement emergency response plans with appropriate leaders
Execute HR operational excellence
- Work with VP of HR and all HR Centers of Excellence to give feedback on strategies and programs to more effectively meet the needs of businesses
- Prepare managers for the compensation planning process and provide compensation budget information.
- Support Total Rewards COE with benefits enrollment at facility level
- Work with designated department leaders on workforce planning, including position control/review; aligning with budget, productivity metrics, resourcing processes, etc. Review and localize job descriptions and compensation with Recruiting and Compensation Centers of Excellence. Assist leadership with temporary/PRN workforce planning & implementation, internship/externship placements and other non-RFT talent processes.
- Perform worker’s comp intake processing; support applicable employee leave of absence/return to work administration at facility level (advising employees on process, completing necessary onsite paperwork, etc.)
- Facilitate local interview process for hiring. Develop and deliver local onboarding and facility orientation programs
- Support effective leader and employee communications
- Support utilization of the HR support model; guide employees to the appropriate channel and ensure proper utilization of HR policies and processes
- 5+ years of relevant Human Resources experience (change management, engagement, retention, succession planning, etc.)
- 3+ years of HR generalist/HRBP experience
- Employee Relations experience (anticipate, identify and facilitate resolution of employee relations issues - corrective actions, disciplinary discussions, etc.)
- Healthcare and/or hospital experience preferred
- Undergraduate degree required
- Decoding customer expectations
- Earning trust through results
- Influencing/relating to others
- Improving through self-awareness
- Improving our human capital through workforce planning and analytics
- Developing talent
- Driving performance
- Improving utility of HR operations
- Leveraging social media tools
- Connecting people through technology
- Sustaining change
- Capitalizing on organizational capability
- Aligning strategy, culture, practices & behavior
- Creating a meaningful work environment