HR GENERALIST (Full-Time, Non-Exempt)
Casper’s Ice Cream is seeking an HR GENERALIST for our 240-employee (and growing!) food manufacturing operation, located in the beautiful agricultural surroundings of Richmond, Utah.
What is this position?
You will be a generalist working under the direction of the HR Manager in all aspects of company Human Resources functions, including hiring and onboarding, employee relations, benefits administration, employment law compliance, and very much more! Your initial training period will include transactional HR tasks as well as some front desk receptionist duties. You will interact with employees, and management of all levels on a regular basis. You will have a wide variety of responsibilities, some of which will be routine (read: you’ll have it down in no time), and some will be new and interesting challenges that give variety to your day and keep your problem solving skills sharp! Could a job description really get better than that??
Yes, it gets better!
This could be the beginning of your career! We are looking for someone to stay with us for the long haul and grow with the company. You will immediately begin training for greater HR roles and responsibilities (and income!), and should expect growth opportunities if you possess the right attitude, work ethic, and qualifications. And yes, you get to take home free ice cream! You will be a big hit with your family, and you may suddenly find new and unexpected friends!
What about pay and benefits?
If you skipped reading the paragraphs above and jumped straight here, congratulations, you are normal! You’re here looking for a job, not a hobby, right? So we’ll cut to the chase: this position will start between $14 and $19 per hour, depending on your experience and qualifications. Now if you haven’t already, go back and read over the information above and keep in mind that this pay range will not be the cap on your income at Casper’s as you grow in your roles with the company. Starting benefits include two weeks paid time off, six paid holidays, health, dental, vision, an INCREDIBLE medical clinic membership (basically free general family practice and urgent care for employees), as well as a retirement plan with company match. And many of those benefits get better after time with the company.
At the very minimum, we want you to have:
- A strong desire for a career in Human Resources.
- Business acumen. You must be able to understand the bigger picture, and how HR affects business outcomes.
- A degree in Human Resources, Business Management or a related field, OR equivalent HR experience.
- A friendly disposition with a customer service approach to your job. Your “customers” will include management, employees, business partners, job applicants, and actual customers that call or visit the plant.
- The ability to work well with diverse personality types, including some that may challenge your friendly disposition (see above).
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills. You will be representing the company internally and externally. Bonus points in the interview if you can point out spelling or grammar errors in this job posting!
- Detail orientation in data entry and accuracy with numbers and spreadsheets.
- Competency with Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivation when you have discretionary time with little to no supervision. How you spend your unsupervised time will be what makes or breaks your career here. (But don’t worry, we won’t expect you to burn yourself out.)
- The ability to prioritize multiple conflicting responsibilities and complete important tasks with multiple attention grabs (“squirrels,” as we affectionately call them).
- Problem solving skills. Not every problem we face has precedent, guidance, or a training manual. Sometimes we have to figure things out and find answers.
- The ability to work with confidential and sensitive information.
- A good sense of humor!
Apply online at the following link: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=2562&clientkey=04F55FE2C90920DBC7186A8B2911CB43
Or go to www.caspersicecream.com and click the “CAREERS” link at the top of the page!
The HR Assistant/Generalist assists in all areas of Human Resources at ASI. The primary responsibilities of the HR Assistant are payroll, benefits, time approval, and recruiting. The HR Assistant will also help in all other company HR needs, as directed by the HR Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process Payroll:
- Weekly time approvals and time entry reviews
- Handle all payroll adjustments
- All other payroll processing duties, start to finish
- Benefits administration:
- Reconcile the bills
- New employees set up
- Qualifying events
- Benefit adjustments
- Handle recruiting:
- Screen resumes
- Phone interviews
- Schedule onsite interviews
- Coordinating between managers and applicants
- Use an ATS to keep track of applicants and trends with recruiting
- Handle new hire on boarding process
- Other project may include Job descriptions, career path planning, HR best practices
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE, JOB SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, or other business-related field preferred.
- 2+ years of previous experience processing payroll. Must have experience handling all payroll functions and processing it start to finish.
- Must have previous benefits administration experience.
- Experience as an Human Resource Assistant or related field.
- Experience with recruiting experience, preferably in a technical recruiting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word. Must be familiar with general office/business computer tools (Outlook, PowerPoint…)
- Detail oriented, organized, and good communication skills.
- Ability to understand and carry out written or oral instructions.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with other employees.
The above statement describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by ASI.